A recent study from the University of California, San Diego found that many drugs, including those used to treat high cholesterol, depression, and anxiety, can reduce sexual pleasure. Talk to your doctor about switching meds or "nding an alternative to popping pills.
A recent study from the University of Utah found that obese men have lower levels of testosterone, but when they lose the weight, the hormone levels rise—along with sex drive. Plus, another study from the University of California at Berkeley found that sni$ng male sweat elevated the chemical that causes arousal in women for up to a full hour afterward
Turns out having lush lashes is a lot of work, but being able to bat them is worth it.If you wake up with Bambi-like lashes, then more power to you. But if you're like the rest of the general population and need a little help in the lash department, these tips from Courtney Akai, owner of Courtney Akai Lash Boutique in NYC, and Jolie Martin, director and head aesthetician at Skinney MedSpa, will help you achieve fuller, more luscious eyelashes in no time. Here's what women who have great lashes do:
1. They condition their lashes nightly with oils. You can apply cold-pressed, unrefined oil such as marula or castor oil from the roots to tips of your lashes to strengthen them. (Try Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil.) Both oils will hydrate lashes, but castor may even help make them longer: "Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid and essential fatty acids, which absorb into your lash line, accelerate blood circulation, and help promote hair growth," Martin says. Use a clean finger coated in the oil to apply it to your lashes, or dip a throw-away spoolie brush into the oil and swipe it on that way.
2. They use a lash growth serum. Lash growth cycles are anywhere from 30 to 60 days, Akai says, and if your lashes are fragile and dry, they could fall out prematurely. Applying a growth serum, like RevitaLash or GrandeLash-MD, helps to prevent brittleness and breakage.
3. They take biotin, a type of B vitamin. Biotin can help promote strong hair, skin, and nails. Talk to your doctor about it if you're curious; they can recommend the proper dosage for you.
4. They curl their lashes before applying mascara. If you apply mascara and then curl your lashes, you run the risk of your lashes sticking to the lash curler and getting pulled out when you release the curler. Also, if you don't properly remove your mascara at night and then try to re-curl them in the morning, the leftover mascara can make your lashes dry and brittle, causing them to break when you go to curl them. It's also best to curl your lashes when they're clean and makeup-free.
5. They heat their eyelash curler with a blow-dryer. This helps lashes curl more easily and hold the shape longer.Blow warm air onto the lash curler with your blow-dryer until the lash curler heats up. Wait until it cools slightly (test the warmth on the back of your hand first to make sure it won't burn you), and then curl your lashes as normal. This trick creates curled lashes the same way curling your hair with a curling iron does.
6. They rotate the angle of the eyelash curler for an even more intense curl. To create a big lash curl, clamp the lashes at the very base, press the curler together lightly, and hold the lashes in place for a few seconds. Completely release the clamp and move it about halfway up the lash hairs while turning the curler at an angle parallel to the ground. Clamp and hold again. Finally, move the curler to the tip of the lashes, and give one final press, turning the lash curler almost upright.